Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My favorite Texan

Tonight I spent the usual couple of hours with my favorite Texan studying and laughing and the subject of a real date came up. Of course as all of you figured, I was the one who brought up the subject. My argument was simply that if we were out in the real world and not on this campus we would have already gone out on a real first date and why should the situation we are in stop us from doing just that! A cute restaurant over the water was my suggestion and his suggestion is the whole reason for this mid week blog! He then looks at me with his adorable redneck smile and says Target has a great food court with a variety of food and the campus shuttle goes there. He also suggested Walmart, but their food court was shut down. After he was done laughing and could speak again he said after our food court dinner we could walk around Target, hold hands, and shop. Such a romantic guy! All I could picture was a pair of my shoes on the shuttle going on my Target first date. I then asked him what would come after the slurpie and popcorn and without hesitation and uncontrollable laughter he happily said, "A hot dog and maybe some nachos! Plus we can get free refills on our drinks!" Lucky day! He had me at nachos! It's hard not to like this guy! Then I said we can have a cup of after dinner coffee at the Starbucks located right next to the food court and in his rumbling deep voice he replies, "Oh no, that too high class!" I almost died laughing.

If you can figure out how to post a comment, do it! I'm sure he would love to hear what you all think about his idea. If you can't, feel free to text me with your thoughts. I'm off to bed. Sleep tight everyone.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. How am I to respond to this tragedy, injustice, devastation... Don't go! You will find that perfect someone who will treat you decent and take you to mall instead (I hear their food court is much better)...your "Prince Charming" is out there somewhere. Hang in there honey. Mommy loves you!

    ReplyDelete