Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Box of Chocolates

If you would have said to me last Thanksgiving that I would be in Savannah taking a trolley tour this weekend I might have thought you were crazy. It continues to amaze me how different my life is every year that passes. This year I am truly grateful for the opportunities that have been put in front of me and have been reminded of the wonderful people in my life that I can lean on in my time of need. Thank you all for being in my life. I love you.


This week was a short one. Three days of instruction, one holiday, and one non-instructional day. On Thanksgiving the chow hall fed us a turkey and prime rib lunch which wasn't bad at all. The cranberries were real and the stuffing was pretty good. That evening I was able to do a group video chat on Skype with my family. What else can I ask for?! Other than the food, it felt like any other day. My good friend Lenin and I set off for Savannah on Saturday morning to do a little sight seeing. The first thing we did was take a 90 minute trolley tour of the historic district. The old buildings and all of its history really was breath taking. Of course one of our stops was to Chippewa Square where the famous Forrest Gump bench was. It's not there anymore, but it was still something we both wanted to see. Now the food....Paula Deen is a rockstar! We ate lunch at her restaurant The Lady & Sons. DELICIOUS!!!! Who knew I like collard greens? I sure didn't, but they, along with everything else on my plate, was better than fantastic. If you're ever in the south I highly recommend seeing Savannah.


This week is going to be a busy one with three days of physical conditioning and three exams. When I say that all my life consists of is studying and exercising, I promise you it's the truth! Most of us feel like after this week things should settle in and get easier, but we'll see what happens. At the very least we won't have to process a months worth of information for the exams.


I hope everyone had a great holiday and I will blog at you soon.


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get out of training mode for a little bit and see the city! I bet your instructors will want to punish you guys because of the holidays. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! Sooooo good to see you!

    ReplyDelete