Sunday, December 19, 2010

The brotherhood....

Each week that I am here time seems to fly faster. I believe it is because the longer we are here the closer we all have become. Everyone back in the office told us we would be hating each other by this point simply because we are with one another day in and day out. I think the opposite effect has happened. Again I am left realizing that I was sent with an amazing group of men. The only part that gets on my nerves is they have me on a tight leash...13 brothers I never expected to have! I thought Branden was bad with his macho brother attitude wanting to hurt any man who hurts his sisters, but these guys I'm with are at a whole other level. They don't really like it that I'm friendly with everyone who crosses my path. They mean well and I just have to accept it. 

Yesterday I was able to take part in a great event that was sponsored in part by Walmart. I took a little girl around the store with a gift card and went shopping. My little one was 8 and when I asked her what was the most important thing off of her list that she wanted to look for first she said shoes! It was meant to be. She got an adorable pair of black boots, a new bicycle, a pretty dress for church, a few toys, and of course some socks and t-shirts. A woman from the local newspaper was following us taking photos and said they would be in today's paper. I haven't looked for it yet, but when I do I will bring a copy home to share with you all. It was a great way to start my morning. That and a cup of coffee!!

In our remedial PT  this week they combined us with the class that came in a couple of weeks ago. Noticing their form and their ability makes me realize how much my class and I have transformed. The physical things I used to struggle with have now become a workout and not a challenge to maintain proper form in order to do the exercise correct. PT life would be perfect if I was a better runner, but I guess I can't have it all. I have started working out with our class leader who is a former marine and physical trainer. He knows my strengths and weaknesses and has put me on a program tailored to my needs. He continues to be one of my biggest supporters here not only physically, but mentally as well. He won't allow me to show weakness in either aspect. So, to all of my girls out there, I'm going to need some major detoxing from all of this!!! Mani, pedi, massage, day spa....the works!

Well folks, that's it for now. I'm off to get a workout in and then study. We have another big exam this Tuesday. I hope you all are staying dry or dancing in the rain...whichever you choose!! Blog at you soon.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment